WELCOME TO TORONTO PARENT-CHILD MOTHER GOOSE!
The Parent-Child Mother Goose Program uses rhymes, songs, and stories to teach parents of infants and toddlers how to foster attachment and enrich interactions with their children. It gives children’s brains the right kind of stimulation during the most critical development period of their entire lives. Embracing newcomers and the rhymes and stories they bring, the program reaches out to low-income, isolated families and is committed to running programs in neighborhoods with limited resources.
Teacher training programs are available so that other agencies can run the official program independently in their own communities. As a result there are hundreds of programs operating across Canada and in other countries.
For our 2016 Annual Report, please click here.
For our 2016 Financial Statements, please click here.
For teacher training offerings in other cities, videos, and research, please click here for our National site.
Board of Directors:
- Mira Adler (Chair)
- Naomi Harris (Treasurer)
- Joan MacDonald (Secretary)
- Judy Blumstock
- Irving Cho
- Andrea Gonsalves
- Samina Hashmi
- Marg Anne Jones
Susan Ryan, Executive Director
Sarah Pinder, Office and Workshops Manager
Renita Fillatre (currently on leave)
The Parent-Child Mother Goose Program gratefully acknowledges the generous support of
• Ben and Hilda Katz Foundation
• Bridge Street United Church Foundation
• Burgundy Asset Management
• Catherine and Maxwell Meighen Foundation
• CIBC Children’s Foundation
• City of Toronto Community Service Partnership
• Etobicoke Brighter Futures Coalition
• George and Lindy Small Foundation
• Jackman Foundation
• J.P. Bickell Foundation
• J.W. McConnell Family Foundation
• KRG Children’s Charitable Foundation
• Leonard Wolinksy Foundation
• MacFeeters Fund at Toronto Foundation
• Milton and Ethel Harris Family Foundation
• N.R. Harris Foundation
• Peter Gilgan Foundation
• Shum Vourkoutiotis Fund at Toronto Foundation
• St. Andrew’s Charitable Foundation
• TD Bank Group
• Tippet Foundation